•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another mint Criterion RV-6 on craigslist *DELETED*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 habsburg8

habsburg8

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

Post deleted by habsburg8

#2 Selecter

Selecter

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

tht link gives a mailto address.

#3 Darenwh

Darenwh

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Here is the correct link... Criterion RV-6

#4 Jerry Barnett

Jerry Barnett

Explorer 1

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

WARNING!!!! This advertisement is a scam and should be avoided. I actually bought this scope from an ad on Astromart in March. I spoke with the seller (Phillip Ingerson) and wound up sending him a check for $300. Not only did I not receive the scope, he refused to answer any further inquiries. I registered a complaint with his local police department and the US Postal Service but to no avail. If you would like to see what kind of a person the seller is, look up Phil McCracken on myspace.com (this is his alias).

#5 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Hi Jerry,

Just to clarify ... you bought the scope off Astromart and didn't receive it, correct?

I didn't see anything "unusual" on myspace.com after putting Phil McCracken in the search box? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-JWW:

#6 Jerry Barnett

Jerry Barnett

Explorer 1

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Greetings,

Yes, I responded to his ad in March and we spoke on the phone several times before agreeing to the deal. After sending a check to Mr. Ingerson, I never heard from him again even after repeated attempts to contact him. He cashed my check and that was that.

I contacted the Shakopee, MN police department and they said this person was "known" to them. Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful in doing anything.

He had a Myspace.com site which was, let's just say rather unusual. If you search Myspace using the find-a-friend engine and type phil mccracken or abra cadaver, you can browse his site. I wish I had seen it prior to sending him my money.

Areal shame because that Dynascope sure looks nice in the photos!

JB

#7 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

JB,

The REASON I wanted clarification is I didn't see anything posted in the Astromart forums about this ordeal. You should post something there as well. I would be extremely upset if this happened to me. Can't his phone number be tied to an address?

-JWW:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics