•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Skies of November, 2022

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cookman

cookman

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:44 AM

Highlights: Comet Journal, Martian Landers, Meteor Showers, Planet Plotting, November Moon/EclipseFocus Constellations: Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Draco, Cepheus, Cassiopeia, Perseus, Camelopardalis, Auriga, Taurus, Aries, Pisces, Andromeda, Pegasus, Cygnus, Lyra

Click here to view the article

#2 bobthompson

bobthompson

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Elk Grove, California

Posted 24 November 2022 - 12:34 AM

Bought an 8 inch Dobsonian several months ago and just now getting to use it.  Turned on Jupiter tonight and could only see two moons.  Found out I need to adjust the EZ finder II with the red dot, so will do that tomorrow in the daylight.  Used the 28 mm eyepiece.  May try the 10 mm tomorrow night.  Also came with 2 X Barrow lens.  I am completely new to this but anxious to learn a little before my grandsons (5 and 7) spend the night and want to look.  Any help would be appreciated. 

• RodgerDodger008 likes this

#3 RodgerDodger008

RodgerDodger008

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Perth, Australia

Posted 27 November 2022 - 08:09 AM

Bought an 8 inch Dobsonian several months ago and just now getting to use it. Turned on Jupiter tonight and could only see two moons. Found out I need to adjust the EZ finder II with the red dot, so will do that tomorrow in the daylight. Used the 28 mm eyepiece. May try the 10 mm tomorrow night. Also came with 2 X Barrow lens. I am completely new to this but anxious to learn a little before my grandsons (5 and 7) spend the night and want to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you check Stellariam, may be that 2 moons were behind Jupiter at the time of viewing. All 4 moons are not always visible for this reason.

Edited by RodgerDodger008, 27 November 2022 - 08:10 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics