•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Questar Standard: Tristand vs. Astropier

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 justfred

justfred

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Birmingham, Alabama, USA

Posted 13 November 2022 - 10:52 AM

I have the Tristand for my ‘66 Questar Standard and have used it for several years. It’s great. Sturdy, easy to polar align, compact design with folding legs. I really like it - but I have always wondered about the Astropier: would I like it better?

Click here to view the article

#2 Wildetelescope

Wildetelescope

Gemini

• -----
  • Moderators
  • Loc: Maryland

Posted 20 November 2022 - 12:06 PM

very nice!  Sadly, one is unlikely to be able to purchase these anytime soon from Questar.   A friend and I went up to Questar earlier this year to drop off his 3.5 scope for servicing and we had a very nice chat with one of the guys up there.   He mentioned that the reason the Tri pier was not available was that the company that they used to make them was no longer doing so.  If  you have either of those options, count yourself very lucky.   

JMD

• Radiowaver, justfred and rojavastars like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics