•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PUNT. Or not, or how to keep the MEWE Quieter 3 working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SKMoss

SKMoss

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Temecula, CA, USA.

Posted 19 November 2022 - 10:57 PM

Ok, so I feel like I'm about ready to punt.

Mewe Quieter 3.   Nina, ZWO Cameras, Eq6-R, ASI EAF.   ASTAP, PHD2.   Everything connects in well and comes right up.  I spend some time running some test images and then I get the ZWO Driver error can't download image err.   Reset the computer, check the cables, fire NINA back up and everything is butterflies and unicorns again.  Finish up my test images and turn on a quick test sequence (still new to NINA and learning), see image come in, go have dinner in the other room, and come back and I have the Driver Error again and NO images saved.

Remoting to the Mewe from my desktop or my laptop by the way.  But that works fine.

So as I say, Im about ready to punt.  If there was a good small desktop/laptop/tower with enough USB 3 ports I would cut my losses right now.   

But if there's suggestions about what to do to get consistent results from the Mewe I'll be grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

#2 mborland

mborland

Messenger

• Loc: Tucson

Posted 20 November 2022 - 12:27 AM

I'd check that you have the latest version of the ASCOM platform, the ZWO drivers, and NINA before putting your foot to the Q3. I have one and it's reliable with ZWO cameras.

--Michael

#3 SKMoss

SKMoss

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:03 AM

All the installs on it are under 10 days old.  

I've got 2 last things I'll try.  Swapping around usb cables on the mewe and I've got a powered USB 3 hub on the way.   My gut feel is that Mewe power management messes with port power, so pull all the USB onto a powered HUB and give back some of the power to the machine.

#4 SKMoss

SKMoss

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 November 2022 - 12:23 PM

I'd check that you have the latest version of the ASCOM platform, the ZWO drivers, and NINA before putting your foot to the Q3. I have one and it's reliable with ZWO cameras.

--Michael

I was able to find out where my problem with the disconnects was.   Call it stupid or newbie mistake.   In hooking up the guide camera into PHD2 I inadvertently selected the ASI294 imaging camera and scope.   So when I turned on guiding, PHD2 stole the camera.  Simple.  Having now figured out how to grab the correct camera for guiding the camera disconnects, miraculously disappeared.  

• psandelle and jdupton like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics