•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA refuses to start

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 archer1960

archer1960

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern New England

Posted 26 November 2022 - 08:02 PM

It can't be made as a command line option without introducing explicit code for splash screens, as the current one is a no-code built in utility of the WPF Framework. Introducing new code can then introduce other bugs. So it would be best to find the root cause of your problem instead of having to introduce these workarounds for a problem that exists for only one user out of thousands.

Hmm, that doesn't quite make sense, because one of your devs had no trouble making a package with no splash screen for me to test. Or is the splash screen a build-time option/setting?

#52 archer1960

archer1960

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 26 November 2022 - 08:06 PM

I'll be glad to continue collecting data to figure out what might be causing this, but so far, nothing appears to be out or the ordinary. Have you looked at the crash dump file to see if it holds any clues?

#53 Isbeorn

Isbeorn

Vendor - Creator and head of N.I.N.A.

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 26 November 2022 - 08:08 PM

It was me who gave you that version. And it is just a flag in the build where the framework will generate the splash screen or will not generate it. There is no explicit code.

• archer1960 likes this

#54 archer1960

archer1960

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 26 November 2022 - 09:00 PM

It was me who gave you that version. And it is just a flag in the build where the framework will generate the splash screen or will not generate it. There is no explicit code.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I've done quite a bit of coding over the years, but never bothered with a splash screen, so I wasn't sure how they were done. I would still like to figure out if there is something in my system that is causing the issue, that can be fixed.

#55 archer1960

archer1960

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 November 2022 - 03:35 PM

It can't be made as a command line option without introducing explicit code for splash screens, as the current one is a no-code built in utility of the WPF Framework. Introducing new code can then introduce other bugs. So it would be best to find the root cause of your problem instead of having to introduce these workarounds for a problem that exists for only one user out of thousands.

Do you know if there is a way of testing my WPF installation? I ran dxDiag to test my DirectX installation, and it turned up nothing unusual.

#56 mjanzou

mjanzou

Messenger

• Loc: So. Oregon

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:53 PM

Did you ever identify what HW video device and driver version/provider your system is using?
Perhaps the pc manufacturer has an updated bios and/or video driver available?
  • archer1960 likes this

#57 archer1960

archer1960

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:58 PM

Did you ever identify what HW video device and driver version/provider your system is using?
Perhaps the pc manufacturer has an updated bios and/or video driver available?

I did, and the drivers are fully up to date. It's the Intel built-in video driver.

#58 BlueGrass

BlueGrass

Vanguard

• Loc: Wasatch Front, UT

Posted 01 December 2022 - 01:28 AM

Archer, 

I don't see anywhere in the posts that you tried running your system, I assume a mini-pc type?, just by itself with no other devices plugged in other than the necessary RDP connection. I'd try this just to make sure you don't have an external device problem causing this failure. I also don't see that you've done any checking on the OS drive such as a check disk to see if there is any file corruption? Just a few thoughts ...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics