•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SW 130/900 & ASI 224 MC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 infernodim

infernodim

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 November 2022 - 08:25 AM

Hello!

I have a SW 130/900 Newtonian telescope and up to now i have managed to get some descent (for the equipment) planetary photos (video, PIPP, AUTOSTAKKERT, REGISTAX) through an eyepiece and my samsung note 10+

https://imgur.com/a/hGfRjdl

So today i got my hands on ZWO ASI 224 MC camera.

I would like to ask, given that i do manual tracking ( i might get also a motor for the eq2) and all the limitations of my equipement  (no tracking, bad mount, small camera sensor etc), which i am very well aware off, are there any small DSO that i can capture without tracking (e.g crab nebula)

For instance, crab nebula sits well into the FOV as shown in Astronomy tools.

If so, how can i do it? Through many small exposure pics and then stacking?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

p.s i know that this scope is not meant for AP but I bought it in order to check if i like the hobby and i am sure hooked. For the near future there is no possibility to proceed with an appropriate AP set up

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics