•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Black Friday Deals

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 redpine42

redpine42

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 November 2022 - 08:41 AM

I see that ZWO has Black Friday deals everywhere.  It looks like they up'd the price and discounted down to the previous pre Black Friday price.

Does the imply a price increase in the future, or is this just sale?.  Should I get a 2600MM Pro now?

#2 Jethro7

Jethro7

Gemini

• Loc: N.W. Florida

Posted 24 November 2022 - 09:14 AM

I see that ZWO has Black Friday deals everywhere.  It looks like they up'd the price and discounted down to the previous pre Black Friday price.

Does the imply a price increase in the future, or is this just sale?.  Should I get a 2600MM Pro now?

Hello redpine42,

This is kind of like betting on the Comodities Market.  Personally I will bet on prices to continue to increase on most consumer products through out the new year. Mostly due to on going political  and geographical situations. In the last two years I began purchasing the astro toys that I really wanted and this move has paid off. Some of these items cost 30% to nearly 100% more now.  It is a gamble but if you buy, you will at least have the camera in hand and that is a comfort in it self.

HAPPY SKIES AND KEEP LOOKING UP Jethro

Edited by Jethro7, 24 November 2022 - 09:15 AM.

• redpine42 likes this

#3 RKC193

RKC193

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:22 AM

I think this is a great deal 127mm refractor at $299. The accessories alone (2" EP, diag, finderscope) could be worth $150. 

https://explorescien...short-refractor

#4 Titan II

Titan II

Explorer 1

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:33 AM

The 2600MC is $200.00 cheaper than any pre BF price.  Others are also cheaper than pre BF.

• redpine42 likes this

#5 RobertMaples

RobertMaples

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:47 PM

Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 80AZ for $169.95 at B&H and Amazon.

#6 davidgmd

davidgmd

Apollo

• Loc: Maryland

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:21 AM

Significant discounts on Vaonis and Unistellar roboscopes at High Point:

https://www.highpoin...smart-telescope
https://www.highpoin...y-sale-nov-2022

#7 Doug Culbertson

Doug Culbertson

Cosmos

• Loc: N. Florida

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:38 AM

Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 80AZ for $169.95 at B&H and Amazon.

Both of those links are showing prices of $229 and $214.95 respectively when I click on them.

FWIW, I recently bought that telescope to harvest the SSE code and phone cradle for use on other telescopes and I was pretty appalled at how cheap the telescope and mount were. I gave the whole kit, sans the phone cradle and code, to a charity shop. Maybe it's good enough to at least spark an interest for someone. 

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#8 Polyphemos

Polyphemos

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Bay Area, California

Posted 25 November 2022 - 11:55 AM

Many, if not most, SvBony products are on sale for 20% off at Amazon.

#9 RobertMaples

RobertMaples

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Posted 25 November 2022 - 02:52 PM

Both of those links are showing prices of $229 and $214.95 respectively when I click on them.

FWIW, I recently bought that telescope to harvest the SSE code and phone cradle for use on other telescopes and I was pretty appalled at how cheap the telescope and mount were. I gave the whole kit, sans the phone cradle and code, to a charity shop. Maybe it's good enough to at least spark an interest for someone.

I guess they went back up, they were marked down last night. I got that scope for the same reason, the tripod and mount are pretty bad, but in my opinion, the scope itself is pretty good. The focuser is plastic, but it works and the optics are good. I may even keep the scope as a grab and go, but with a different mount. I got mine from Costco, where it's listed for $189.99, but without a membership I had to pay a 5% non-member charge which brought it up to $200, still $30 less than the going price at most places.
  • Doug Culbertson likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics