•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO 2600mm to EOS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crgood2

crgood2

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern Arizona

Posted 24 November 2022 - 10:15 AM

So I've come across an interesting issue and I can't find a solution, hoping everyone can help me out.  I have a 2600mm (backspacing either 12.5 or 17.5 with tilt adapter) and the new ZWO 36mm filter wheel where you can bolt it together (20mm, t2/m42 female opening).  It appears that none of the EOS adapters zwo makes will work with this combination to get to the 44mm backspacing required on the EF lenses, specifically the rokinon 135.  Has anyone come across a solution to this?  

To clarify, I currently have Camera (12.5) + Filterwheel (20) + NEEDED ADAPTER (11.5).  The slim adapter from ZWO is 11.5 but has a M54 male thread that doesn't work with the m42 female thread of the filterwheel.

Help!

#2 Jeff Morgan

Jeff Morgan

Hubble

• Loc: Prescott, AZ

Posted 24 November 2022 - 10:31 AM

So I've come across an interesting issue and I can't find a solution, hoping everyone can help me out.  I have a 2600mm (backspacing either 12.5 or 17.5 with tilt adapter) and the new ZWO 36mm filter wheel where you can bolt it together (20mm, t2/m42 female opening).  It appears that none of the EOS adapters zwo makes will work with this combination to get to the 44mm backspacing required on the EF lenses, specifically the rokinon 135.  Has anyone come across a solution to this?  

To clarify, I currently have Camera (12.5) + Filterwheel (20) + NEEDED ADAPTER (11.5).  The slim adapter from ZWO is 11.5 but has a M54 male thread that doesn't work with the m42 female thread of the filterwheel.

Help!

I'm considering an even shorter (42mm) Samyang lens, and there appears to be a solution:

QHY EOS adapter: 10mm

New QHY Thin Filter wheel: 17mm

ASI2600, tilt plate removed 12.5mm

The part I am stuck on is also the M54->M42 adapter - I think it is needed for the QHY wheel too. But there are a few extra mm to play with.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics