•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

October Imaging/Sketching Contest Poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Poll: October Imaging/Sketching Contest Poll (338 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose one:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 Sinistar

Sinistar

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

Those are both fantastic! They show a lot of skill and attention to detail.

#27 WadeVC

WadeVC

Mercury-Atlas

• ****-

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

I thought they were both excellent!! I did, however, have to go with the sketch.

Either way, both are winners!

#28 jarhead

jarhead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

An extremely difficult decision. But, I had to go with the artist. My son and I both have art background and I feel compelled to go with the sketch. It requires a different skill possessed by fewer people. Both pictures ARE TRULY WONDERFUL!!

#29 Hal9000

Hal9000

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:17 PM

Both these are equally excellent!

I think there should be separate contests: One for 'imaging' and one for 'sketching'.

Alan.

#30 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

Well we have individual contests each month within the different imaging forums. Rich was the contest winner of the sketching forum this month, so his entry was forwarded on to the overall contest here.

This over all imaging contest will hopefully bring attention to all the individual imaging forums and contests. We have a lot of talent on CN and this contest is a good way to share it. ;)

And congratulations to both entrants. You both are an inspiration to me!

#31 reboston

reboston

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:53 AM

What a camera can do under talented, educated control is amazing but only God's gift of patience and raw talent can produce such a sketch. Sorry brother astrophotographer, you're GREAT TOO. The sketch must take my vote.

#32 MichaelW

MichaelW

Surveyor 1

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:19 PM

Congratulations Rich! That is definately a fine sketch indeed. :waytogo:

With nearly 370 votes and a bunch of replies from people that have been registered for over a year and this is their first post, the contest has brought them out or back if nothing else.

#33 kraterkid

kraterkid

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

Thank you so much Michael, but your fine image of M33 is just awesome! Honestly, I really do think two winners would serve to highlight the best in both categories. Of course that means more tee shirts and I don't know if CN has that kind of supply. Nonetheless I just wanted to let you know you are a winner with that masterful image. And thanks to everyone who participated.

#34 Greg K.

Greg K.

CN tech guy

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:39 AM

Congrats to you both, and thanks for participating :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics