•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vertical streaks on my Pleiades image

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ppg677

ppg677

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 26 November 2022 - 03:02 PM

Any idea what the vertical streak is near the top-most bright star of Pleiades?

Modded Canon T3i.  About 5 hours of lights (3 minute individual exposures).  ISO 800.  

m45_small.jpg

• dac4215 and Zambiadarkskies like this

#2 Sleep Deprived

Sleep Deprived

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Seattle Area

Posted 26 November 2022 - 03:25 PM

The pleiades has a lot of streaky nebulosity.  I am looking at your photo and see one vertical streak through the star (slightly to right of center of the star) and another a bit to the right of that.  I was looking at other Pleiades photos and saw the same streaks - I think you just caught some of that streaky nebulosity.  There are plenty of other photos on CN of M45.  The deeper you go, the more nebulosity you can see.

• pyrasanth likes this

#3 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 26 November 2022 - 03:32 PM

The pleiades has a lot of streaky nebulosity.  I am looking at your photo and see one vertical streak through the star (slightly to right of center of the star) and another a bit to the right of that.  I was looking at other Pleiades photos and saw the same streaks - I think you just caught some of that streaky nebulosity.  There are plenty of other photos on CN of M45.  The deeper you go, the more nebulosity you can see.

M45 is packed full of that streaky nebulousity- have a look at me RASA image- it is full of the stuff https://www.astrobin...ection&nce=2139

That's a nice image- I like the blue very much.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics