•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Light spot/mark on Red (LRGB) filter?

Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AriaA7

AriaA7

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Columbus, OH, USA

Posted 26 November 2022 - 03:55 PM

I recently bought my first monochrome setup, Antlia's LRGBSHO set. After placing them all in the filter wheel, I looked down and noticed a spot on the telescope-facing side of the red filter. I picked it up and looked at it pretty well on both sides, and from what I can tell, there's zero surface abrasion visible i.e. if it was a chip in the glass, I assume I'd see a little divet or chunk missing. Seems smooth though. I wiped it carefully with a microfiber cloth several times to see if it was a liquid mark or something, but it didn't wipe off.

Images - https://imgur.com/a/Kvpsekc 

Questions: 

1. Anyone have an idea what this is? I can't rule out that it 100% wasn't something I did, but I don't know what I could've done to make that spot, without realizing it when I may have done it

2. Will it even matter? Maybe flats would take care of it?

3. Should I reach out the retailer I bought it from? I've never tried to return or ask for a replacement for anything before and so I don't know if this is something they'd consider

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• PXL_20221126_180914184 (1).jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics