•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astro Tech 102mm F7 ED Coming thru for me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 azure1961p

azure1961p

Hubble

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 November 2022 - 05:58 PM

Nice views with the 102mm F7 ED ASTRO-TECH... Tests have proven conclusively its not the scope but the diagonal. Tonight had a sharp view of the Apollo 17 Littrow Valley region and I scanned about Crater Moltke in the Apollo 11 area. The A11 was sheer albedo , no Astronaut craters but some blemishes of lighter regolith. Apollo 17, a much more exciting area to view had wonderful topography and as the haziness settled in (forcasted) the seeing slowed down in New England like it was summer seeing. Slow lazy and barely a quiver!!!! I was at 223x with the ED doublet and just enjoying the non blurring view. It was a little surreal to see in November. So far it's been a pleasure to use this sharp focusing refractor. Looking forward to putting a nice , if fidgety Takahashi 1.25 diagonal on it. Nice cut Littrow mountains and a fine focus to work it to crispness. And that **** slow calm seeing!!! Then the heavier haze rolled in and the moon was immersed London fog. Sweet though. Pete

#2 Stellar1

Stellar1

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Juuuust outside Toronto

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:28 PM

Great to hear you’re enjoy that sweet 102! everyone should have a good 4” refractor in their collection, it just makes sense.

• BRCoz likes this

#3 Adluginb

Adluginb

Vostok 1

• Loc: Tulsa, OK

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:25 PM

And a 5 and a 6 ….

• BRCoz and Stellar1 like this

#4 jlinsobe

jlinsobe

Viking 1

• Loc: South Florida

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:30 PM

I bought an Explore Scientific 11mm 82* for $149.00 last weekend.

People swear that the AT102ED plus this eyepiece are a match in heaven.

Now I’ll have the pleasure to see for myself when it arrives.

Besides, it was $80.00 off.

• Stellar1 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics