•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQMOD only freezez when ZWO connnected

Equipment Astrophotography
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 SomeAstroStuff

SomeAstroStuff

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2022 - 01:03 PM

Hi, 

this is my first time posting here so i hope this is the rigth categrory.

Now my problem is that whenever i have EQMOD running and a ZWO device (Camera/EAF/EFW/Guidecamera) plugged in (just plugged in and not connected in any programm), EQMOD freezes randomly for like 2-5 seconds, eigther on its own or when i press the buttons. This doesnt happen when i only plug in the EQDirect cable and run EQMOD eigther directly from the EQMOD Toolbox of any other programm like APT.

I recently got a new EQDirect cable (because i accidentaly damaged the old one myself) but i think i had the problem for a few days prior with the older cable aswell. 

Now could buying a new cable be the solution?

And if not what else can i try?

Tanks in advance:)

#2 EGregerson

EGregerson

Vostok 1

• Loc: Newport News, VA

Posted 08 December 2022 - 01:27 PM

Hi; i had problems with ZWO (no EQMod).  PHD2 would lose darks; imaging camera wouldn't work.  Posts on this site discuss these issues. Mine, turns out; I have to plug the guide cam in 1st; get it running with PHD2 (something about ZWO cams sharing same drivers).  then; plug the cams into different USB ports on the laptop (amp capacity per port). Then all was well...Til the clouds.    

#3 StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: England, UK

Posted 09 December 2022 - 11:42 AM

Hard to help with such little information.

What OS are you using and are there any usb hubs connected, and which cameras (some have their own built in hubs).  Also, have you loaded the ZWO Eqmod drivers (see here). You may have the loaded the ZWO Windows drivers but eqmod could be looking for the ZWO Eqmod drivers.

It won't help opening a new thread in another section that less related to the issue.

Perhaps an eqmod expert can point you to a log to see what's occurring.

#4 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 13 December 2022 - 08:41 AM

As the OP has cross posted the same topic elsewhere, please continue the discussion herelock.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics