•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200 GPS - Park Position beyound limits

Equipment Meade Mount
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pref-at-laval

pref-at-laval

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 05 January 2023 - 11:59 AM

My 14inch LX200 GPS is permanently setup in my observatory on a Meade Ultra Wedge (set as Polar in the Setup Menu). In order to close the roll-off roof, I need to park the telescope oriented south with the tube horizontal (-45° Dec for my location).

I therefore positioned the telescope at the proper orientation, in the Autostar II I go to Setup/Telescope/Park position and select "Use Current Position" and get the message "Set".

As a test, I then move the telescope in both RA and Dec by 15 to 20 degrees. Then when I go to Utilities/Park Scope I get the message "Beyond Limits" followed a couple of seconds by a demand to power off the scope.

Can anybody help me solve this problem. If I use the default position (South and 45° dec) the tube is too high and I cant close the roof. Then I need to move the tube and at the next session must start over with a complete Align.

#2 John Rogers

John Rogers

Apollo

Posted 05 January 2023 - 12:55 PM

I ran into a similar problem with my classic LX200.  There is a separate setting for max limits on declination.  If you have that set and the home position is outside of the limit, then it will fail.

#3 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 05 January 2023 - 03:24 PM

Gday pref-at-laval

As noted, the mount has upper and lower slew limits.

These are relative to the base ( not the horizon ) and prevent physical clashes.

Just set your lower limit to cover the range you need and it should work.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

#4 pref-at-laval

pref-at-laval

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 05 January 2023 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the information. I won't have access to the telescope for a couple of days. I'll see if this works early next week.

#5 pref-at-laval

pref-at-laval

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 24 January 2023 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info. Changing the limits fixed the problem.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Meade, Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics