•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Luminos Pro 10.3.2 release

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Stephen

John Stephen

Vendor-Luminos Software for iPad

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:57 PM

Hello everyone, this post is to announce that Luminos Pro 10.3.2 is now available.

This update will be of particular interest to SkyWatcher / SynScan users, as it includes the latest version of the SynScanLink framework, which fixes iOS 16 compatibility issues, as well as compatibility with the latest versions of the SynScan apps.

For everyone else, this update includes the November 2022 release of the Washington Double Star Catalog and an update to the Exoplanets.eu database, which includes the two new discoveries from the James Webb Telescope.

For non-subscribers, this update adds access to the Deep Space Gallery, tonight's top exoplanets, and the James Webb Space Telescope.

Clear skies,

- John

• ullomat and karstenkoch like this

#2 karstenkoch

karstenkoch

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Virginia

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:40 AM

John, great job with the constant development going into Luminos! I've been a long time user. It is one of the planetarium apps that has consistently been in my top 3.

As a visual, star-hopping observer, observing lists are a key component of planning for a night under the stars. Do you have any plans to be able to highlight objects in observing lists in the main sky view? This would be very useful to help me see objects that are nearby and decide which one to star-hop to next.

#3 John Stephen

John Stephen

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 27 January 2023 - 02:10 PM

That's a great idea Karsten, I never thought of that. Maybe I can make it so that a list can be selected, much like I do with multi-star systems, where all the stars in the system are highlighted. I'll play around with that and see what I can come up with.

• karstenkoch likes this

#4 johnpd

johnpd

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Green Valley, AZ

Posted 29 January 2023 - 07:58 AM

John,

Is there any way to shut off some of the new objects you have added (such as ESO and LBN)? There are cases where they can take over part of the display making it difficult to see more normal objects. In some cases I have to turn the density of the Deep Space objects way up just to get some of the Messier objects which allows more of these newer objects to be visible. Is there a way to prioritize Messier and more prominent objects?

Thanks,

JohnD

#5 John Stephen

John Stephen

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 05:24 PM

John, you have some control over that with the switches in the deep space settings, but those controls are very coarse and will eliminate all galactic nebulae, or all galaxies. For the next update I'm changing a few things to make it better at displaying so many objects: at very wide fields of view I'm only going to show major objects (ie, Messier), plus I'm adding the ability to adjust the symbol brightness independently of the label brightness. I'm also experimenting with changing the symbol brightness based on the brightness of the object itself, so that large dim objects like some of the LBN and ESO objects don't seem so prominent, and hopefully those changes together will cut down on some of the DSO clutter.

Clear skies,

- John

#6 johnpd

johnpd

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Green Valley, AZ

Posted Today, 06:38 AM

Thanks John.

JohnD

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics