•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Parts for Hardin Mount

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OBXNC

OBXNC

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Asheville, NC

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:29 PM

Does anyone know where I can get this spring and the knob for my 8 inch Hardin Deep Space Hunter dob mount?

I tried Bobs Knobs and Scope stuff but came up empty.

Thanks for any help.

Alan

Attached Thumbnails

• Dob Knob-Spring (Medium).jpg

• SpaceConqueror3 likes this

#2 jefffed

jefffed

Ranger 4

• Loc: N.E. PA

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:55 PM

Home depot or Lowes for the spring. Use a bolt for the knob.

• SpaceConqueror3 likes this

#3 kfiscus

kfiscus

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Albert Lea, MN, USA

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:26 AM

Place a wanted ad here on CN.  The same type of system is used in Orion's CorrecTension dobs.  Your ad should specify the size of dob (bigger dobs have larger springs) and you should also try to get the plastic sleeves that capture the spring on the bolt if you can.

#4 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:41 AM

Does anyone know where I can get this spring and the knob for my 8 inch Hardin Deep Space Hunter dob mount?

I tried Bobs Knobs and Scope stuff but came up empty.

Thanks for any help.

Alan

Alan:

I have an extra set of the springs, bolts and bearings that I bought thinking the bearings would fit my 10 inch Dob.. The bearings did not fit..  Send me a PM and we can see if what I have will work for you. I'm just looking to find someone to give them to.

Jon

• kfiscus, OBXNC, briansalomon1 and 1 other like this

#5 briansalomon1

briansalomon1

Surveyor 1

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oxnard CA

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:00 AM

Alan:

I have an extra set of the springs, bolts and bearings that I bought thinking the bearings would fit my 10 inch Dob.. The bearings did not fit..  Send me a PM and we can see if what I have will work for you. I'm just looking to find someone to give them to.

Jon

Best answer I've seen yet for the question of what to do with all the old telescope parts we end up with.

• Jon Isaacs and cuzimthedad like this

#6 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:54 AM

Best answer I've seen yet for the question of what to do with all the old telescope parts we end up with.

It's happened before and it will happen again.

I give it away and if someone want to cover the shipping or pay me something, I tell them to just make a donation to Cloudy Nights..

Jon

• kroum and kfiscus like this

#7 OBXNC

OBXNC

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Asheville, NC

Posted 26 January 2023 - 05:17 PM

Alan:

Jon

Thanks Jon.  Just got back from a short trip to Durham.  My Dob is an 8 inch.  I'd be happy to make a donation to CN as long as they take a credit card.  I gave up paypal and Venmo long ago.

Alan

Edited by OBXNC, 26 January 2023 - 05:20 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics