•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Conquest of Space

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grif 678

grif 678

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 25 January 2023 - 05:01 PM

I have a really great book, The Conquest of Space, by Chesley Bonesteel. This book's drawings are awesome, some of the best vintage space art you will ever see.The drawings look like real pictures, and they all have views that are very exciting to look at, will get you all excited about the space race again. The book is in great condition, all pages great, no binding problems at all. The only thing is the paper cover is a little worn, but still intact. Does anyone know what the value would be on this book, I know it is a classic.

• mikemarotta likes this

#2 J A VOLK

J A VOLK

Apollo

• Loc: Flagstaff

Posted 25 January 2023 - 05:24 PM

$100 is about the average sales price on ebay for a clean copy.

#3 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Hubble

• Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:04 PM

Yep... I recently got one for $85... included shipping and NYS sales tax...    Tom

#4 Tony Flanders

Tony Flanders

ISS

• Loc: New Lebanon, NY and Cambridge, MA, USA

Posted 26 January 2023 - 05:06 AM

I have a really great book, The Conquest of Space, by Chesley Bonesteel.

For what it's worth, I would call that The Conquest of Space by Willy Ley, illustrated by Bonestell. Regardless, it's certainly a classic -- and historically important, too.

This book's drawings are awesome, some of the best vintage space art you will ever see.

Yes, one might argue that all space art ever since is an imitation of Bonestell. I doubt the book is worth all that much; it was a pretty big press run.

• swalker likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics