1. Dew ring and controller - this makes a difference even with a dew shield in many locations
2. 2" SCT diagonal - I like this approach better than using a reducer for wide field views. Combine this with a low power finder eyepiece with over a 1 degree fov. You really want a wide field finder eyepiece option of some sort.
3. I like manual focusing - Scope Stuff sells a focuser ring that increases fine focus control. It's a keeper.
4. Personally I like Telrad finders if you are into visual. ymmv
5. Red light flashlight or headlamp (generic need for observing)
Edited by Mark Lovik, 14 March 2023 - 10:24 AM.