•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen 25x125mm e Ultima 8x56 firs impression

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 GLR GROUP

GLR GROUP

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

Hi Folks!
today the Vixen 20x125mm (VP75X125 HFT-A) has arrived from the Italian importer of the Vixen products.
I've employed only 5 minutes for install and, folding up the legs it is possible climb the staircases and cross the doors in total it weigh around 25kg.
I've tried to observe the panorama this afternoon, and I could not have used more than 40 enlargements.too much turbulence, Through a Pentax 75 Sdhf has reached 70X
The optic hull is very big, I foresee a discreet focal turbulence
I have noticed (is only a first impression) only some distorsion to the edges, 80% of the field seem well opposed.
The chromatic abberation is evident on the bright fonts.
to 20 enlargements the field has reduced, it seems me under the 2 degrees.
Using the oculars zoom I have noticed a loss of collimation...
They importator has sent me also the Celestron Ultima 8x56mm
It seem a beautiful binoculars, very bright, light, opposed. now, in Italy it's 21.31 o'clock, Between an hour, I'll go out to try its again.
I'll make you to know.
Regards
Piergiovanni]

#2 paulsky

paulsky

Apollo

• -----

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:17 PM

Hello,

I am a fan of the binoculars, particulary the big binoculars, the Vixen 125mm seems good for the deep sky observation. Congratulations.

Best regards. Paul

#3 Bill Grass

Bill Grass

Prince Regent

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:28 PM

I used to have the Ultima 8x56s, and I agree that they're very good binoculars. Very lightweight & sharp!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics