•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 2359

Astrophotography DSO Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JimCase

JimCase

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 29 March 2023 - 12:40 PM

This work in progress is the result of 6 hours of combined exposures using the Antila ALP-T and the Antila Triband RGB Ultra filter with the ASI2600MC and the reduced 8” LX200 ACF. Thor’s Helmet is a challenge for me since in my Bortle 7 sky since I am only able to capture an hour or two of exposures before it hides behind my neighbor’s roof. This year we have had 13 atmospheric river storms in Southern California, so the opportunities to add exposures have been slim. Nonetheless I have been able to get a good start and am hoping to add more data before it moves out of view for another year.  I am happy that the red shock waves as well as the blue/green between the horns is starting to emerge. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. I will post a higher resolution version in my gallery if you are interested. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5A4C07F8-CB02-4522-A3C5-57686C12AD12.jpeg

• mikewayne3, Ljubo, aacc66 and 1 other like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, DSO, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics