•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Konus Motormax 130mm Anyone had any experience...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:48 AM

With these..

I've checked out some local sites (within NZ), and it appears that this telescope seems to be selling for a reasonable price (check out: http://www.nztelesco...cassegrain.htm), of $1199.

Well in comparison to the cheapest 8" Dobsonian that I could pick up for $895, or an 8" Konus reflector on an equatorial mount selling for $1999 it seems very cheap in comparison, just convert that to US (*.63) gives $755.37.

I've heared many stories about the incorrectly wired Konus equatorial mount, but this scope is very much more affordable then other offerings out there, still if the optics are poor, I would rather pay a little more for quality. Though in reality, I have a 60mm Konusstart 700, I'm not sure whether I would notice whether the optics would be poor :grin:

#2 ArizonaScott

ArizonaScott

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:11 AM

Hi Jamie,
While I don't have any experience with the 130 Mak I own a brand new 8" Konus newt. Beware of the mount! Yes, the wiring rumours are true and mine was bad out of the box. I returned it to Konus for repairs and it is now better than ever. If you have the opportunity to buy one from a local dealer try before you buy, or be prepared for possible problems. That said, I feel the Konus line is an excellent value if one is prepared to do a little tinkering and/or fine-tuning. Good luck with your purchase.

Scott

#3 StarWars

StarWars

Mr. Postmaster Man

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:01 AM

Konus MotorMax 130 - 5.1" Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope $545

http://www.digitecop...s_maks_1797.htm

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics