Today I was able to take my first serious solar image.
I used my home built 6" f/20 Dall-Kirkham telescope (150/3050mm). The optics in the scope were made by myself, by hand, tested on home made equipment, and chemically silvered in my basement. The camera used was a cooled QHY178M. The solar filter is an older Orion glass solar filter.
I took a series of ~2000 images and used the best 4 percent with Autostakkert. Then sharpened in Registax. Final processing was done in GIMP. I'm very happy with the level of detail that I was able to achieve, given my limited solar imaging experience and a simple white light filter. I used the whole 178 sensor rather than an area of interest, so the frame rate was rather low compared to what is possible. I did take one close up image of the sunspot as well but the full frame image looked best.
I look forward to any feedback or suggestions.