•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Coming to US for eclipse - where should I go?

4 replies to this topic

#1 -UHF-

-UHF-

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 September 2023 - 12:04 AM

Hello, I'm planning on traveling to the US for about a week centred around 8th April, primarily for the eclipse. Are there recommendations on where to go where clear skies are reasonably certain? Montreal -> Sherbrooke was a possibility as we have friends there, but I'm concerned about weather and heavy traffic going out from Montreal. I would like somewhere with some culture and something to see too. This is probably the best opportunity for me within the next twenty years. Many thanks!

#2 BigStarz

BigStarz

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, United Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2023 - 02:37 PM

South west to north east, a whole country to choose from.

Sadly we can't predict the weather.

I'm in UK and heading for Niagara, hoping for some crisp spring skies.

But just in case, will have the rental and keep a keen eye on the weather forecast.

Best of luck.

:)

#3 kfiscus

kfiscus

Cosmos

• Loc: Albert Lea, MN, USA

Posted 17 September 2023 - 03:06 PM

Reasonably certain isn't.  My wife and I are playing the odds and have reservations in Mazatlan, Mexico with a travel group that includes a bus if we have to make a dash because of clouds.  As mentioned above, your odds improve the farther south and west you travel.  Let's hope EVERYONE along the path gets to see totality.

• PrestonE and jrussell like this

#4 -UHF-

-UHF-

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2023 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. I've settled on Austin.

• Jim Haley likes this

#5 TreyZ

TreyZ

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 10 October 2023 - 07:14 PM

Hi,

I noticed you are looking for a place to view the eclipse. I am offering up my Ranch for a unique eclipse viewing. The ranch is located in the middle of the eclipse path in Montel Texas and should offer a fantastic view of the eclipse from the hilltops. I am willing to accommodate one group of 3+ people. I can also arrange transportation to and from the San Antonio Airport if needed. Feel free to ask for additional details if you are interested.

Thanks.
Trey

• kfiscus likes this

Reply to this topic

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics