Okay let's try again, I hope I've understood your instructions, I'm adjusting "output levels" in The Gimp since I don't have/use PS. Before and after:
Yep, that's it Con...still a bit of lighter "fuzz" on the upper right just off the disk but better imo. Gets rid of that ghostly circular feature just above and out from the L. ansa also.
On the matter of getting fingers sore from knurled collimating screws, take a leaf from my approach, perhaps with different materials because I used some large diameter shrink-wrap insulation from Jaycar - but this requires removing a screw to apply heat for shrinking it onto the knurled head.
You could also get a short length of some soft rubber tubing from Clarke Rubber or whoever in the appropriate diameter and stretch it onto the knurled knob - no more pain or soreness then...you can see how rough I made my home-made ones but they feel dandy to adjust. Not that this helped this morning - the defocused star was just a sparkling mess.
First pikky shows how rough my serrating was for the new ones shown next to the smaller, old version.
Second pikky with the "gentle on your fingers" covering.