•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

WandererRotator Mini and Lite V2 now available

Accessories
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Awanderer

Awanderer

Lift Off

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2023 - 11:19 PM

At the end of 2021, WandererAstro launched the independently developed WandererRotator series, including Mini (M54), Lite (M68) and Pro (M92).

Now we have upgraded and improved the original WandererRotator Mini and WandererRotator Lite and launched Mini V2 and Lite V2.

%E5%9B%BE4.jpg

WandererRotator Mini V2 

%E5%9B%BE5.jpgWandererRotator Lite V2 

For WandererRotator Mini V2, the main change is the addition of a 12V power input port. The rotator is powered by 12V instead of directly through the USB port like the old model. This avoids the problem of most passive hubs not being able to power the rotator.

%E6%8E%A5%E5%8F%A3%E5%9B%BE.jpg

The remaining aspects remain the same as the old model: 10mm optical path (from M54 to M54 thread), 420g weight, zero flexure guaranteed by the patented structure, custom-set zero position and derotation function.

%E7%99%BD%E5%BA%95%E5%9B%BE1.png
For WandererRotator Lite V2, the main changes are:
1. Family-style appearance design, more recognizable and beautiful, and the weight is reduced to 550g.
2. The Type-C port is changed to Type-B port for a stronger connection.
3. A more powerful motor eliminates the occasional stalling problem of the old stepper motor.
4. Due to the redesign of the transmission structure, the rotation speed is reduced to 3.5 degrees per second.

%E7%99%BD%E5%BA%95%E5%9B%BE1.png
The remaining aspects remain the same as the old model: 12mm optical path (from M68 to M68 thread), zero flexure guaranteed by the patented structure, custom-set zero position and derotation function.

In addition, we have redesigned the ASCOM driver, integrated all models of rotators into an All-in-one driver, and provided WandererRotators All-in-one(1) and WandererRotators All-in-one(2 ) to facilitate the simultaneous use of 2 rotators. (More rotators are also possible, please contact WandererAstro)

Screenshot%202023-09-28%20121526.png

If you have any technical questions, please contact us through email, the email address is available at www.wandererastro.com

Edited by Awanderer, 27 September 2023 - 11:20 PM.

• joshman likes this

#2 Xeroid

Xeroid

Gemini

• Loc: USA

Posted 28 September 2023 - 09:17 AM

Pleasse bear with me as I'm a little fuzzy but...

- WHAT does a WandererRotator do?

- How can it help me?

- Where is it used?

- How much does it cost?

- Do I have to visit your web site to get answers to the above? Why?

Thanks! 

Edited by Xeroid, 28 September 2023 - 09:17 AM.

#3 Awanderer

Awanderer

Lift Off

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:22 AM

WandererRotators rotate your camera so you can get a nice angle of view of your astronomy photos. It is very useful if your setup is in a remote place where manual rotation is impossible, or you want to let your camera rotate automatically in a sequence during the night. You can check the dealers on our website and see the prices, we have distributors in US, Canada , Europe and Australia. Also detailed information about our products can be found on our website.

Pleasse bear with me as I'm a little fuzzy but...

- WHAT does a WandererRotator do?

- How can it help me?

- Where is it used?

- How much does it cost?

- Do I have to visit your web site to get answers to the above? Why?

Thanks! 

• Xeroid likes this

#4 Xeroid

Xeroid

Gemini

• Loc: USA

Posted 28 September 2023 - 11:36 AM

Thank you for answering my questions.

WandererRotators rotate your camera so you can get a nice angle of view of your astronomy photos. It is very useful if your setup is in a remote place where manual rotation is impossible, or you want to let your camera rotate automatically in a sequence during the night. You can check the dealers on our website and see the prices, we have distributors in US, Canada , Europe and Australia. Also detailed information about our products can be found on our website.

#5 MarMax

MarMax

Aurora

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 27 October 2023 - 01:21 PM

I just purchased the Rotator Mini V2, mainly for derotation with a CPC 1100 (Alt-Az) mount. I tested it for the first time last night. Here is a post from my topic in the EAA Forum.

I'm glad that Wanderer is working on software to integrate all ASCOM drivers and independent control software and it sounds like this may be available by the end of the year (2023).

I'm a Stellarium user and the current WandererConsole software can obtain derotation information from Stellarium if Remote Control in Stellarium is activated. This is how I set derotation for the linked Post. However, I am really looking forward to the integrated ASCOM driver so that I can completely control the rotator from SharpCap 4.1.

Edited by MarMax, 27 October 2023 - 01:22 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics