•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Community Advice for Equipment needed to livestream 2024 Total Eclipse

Eclipse Equipment Solar
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DH_In_Texas

DH_In_Texas

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 November 2023 - 10:53 AM

I live in Hillsboro Texas (named by Astronomy magazine as the #7 location in North America to view the 2024 eclipse) and am a part of the planning team for the event.

We have received a community grant to purchase telescopes and related gear for community engagement. One idea that we are considering is the purchase of a telescope, mount, filters, camera and connectivity gear to enable us to livestream starparties on Friday and Saturday nights and the eclipse on Monday.

I have owned telescopes over the years, but have never ventured into live video streaming so I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on the feasibility of this idea and the specific camera we should use. Total budget for the scope, camera & accessories (excluding laptop) is in the $2500 - $3000 range.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eclipse, Equipment, Solar

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics