•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Suggested tutorials for using PI with Siril etc.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gatehealing

gatehealing

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central Texas

Posted 08 December 2023 - 01:23 PM

I just discovered Siril for dealing with some banding issues, but seem to see some folks referncing using for other stuff along with PI as well.

I also have GravXpert.

I know that Siril doesn't work with xisf files, but will work with Fits files. . .

My main issue is that when I try to use Siril for banding issues, I sometimes get a very odd result when re-opening in PI . . . almost like everthing is hyper-quantized and colors all screwed up. I can add a screenshot if that would help, but I think I can figure it out if y'all can suggest some great tutorials for using PI with Siril (and maybe gravX in terms of where folks may put it).

I am also using bxt, nxt and sxt, so if those are included in workflow videos, that's great, but I have already found some tutorials that use those, but y'all's favorites that include those are certainly welcomed!

Thanks for any suggestions while I search the vast sea of videos!

Jon

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics