•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron 8se OTA - Need Help! Can't get focus after reassembling it - See image

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KevinFrank

KevinFrank

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 December 2023 - 02:13 PM

Hello,

I have a Celestron 8se OTA which has been a great scope for me over the last few years.  Over the summer, I left it out one night and somehow it unfortunately got water inside.   I attempted to take it apart and put it back together, but never got a clear image after this.  The clearest I can get a star can be seen in the attached image.    I actually have another 8se that had a crack in the main front glass.   I attempted to use all parts from this one except the main front glass, but got the same results, and even used the whole other scope with just the front glass and many other combinations between the two, still the same image is the best i can get focus. 

Does anyone recognize my issue when referencing the picture?  I'll do anything to get my scope back up and working to capture deep space pics ASAP!

Thanks!

Kevin

#2 gstrumol

gstrumol

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: north of Detroit, Michigan USA

Posted 11 December 2023 - 02:18 PM

no picture attached!

#3 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NOLA

Posted 11 December 2023 - 03:13 PM

Unless you marked the rotation on the corrector plate before assembly, it'll be tough re-aligning corrector/primary/secondary for good focus.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics