•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Room Availability Winchester, Indiana

2 replies to this topic

#1 CreatorsHand

CreatorsHand

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Marquette, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2024 - 09:51 PM

I will be going to Winchester, Indiana for the eclipse, and have been working with someone from the Randolph County Eclipse Committee, of which Winchester is the County seat. They are hosting an eclipse viewing area at the Winchester Speedway (just West of town), and are planning on setting aside an area for astronomers and photographers. I will be arriving on Saturday, and the racetrack owners want me to help them pick out a proper area. My contact at Randolph County happens to work at the Randolph Inn and Suites in Winchester, and just let me know that there are a few rooms available for the eclipse, and I told her I would pass on the information. The telephone number for the front desk is (765) 584-8281. She also said that the hotel conference room will be open to anyone in the area, whether staying there or not, and will have refreshments and goodie bags from the tourism group available.

Clear skies,

Paul

• zjc26138, PhotogTom and Bigred77 like this

#2 cephlopod

cephlopod

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 09 February 2024 - 09:32 PM

That's where I am staying.  Surprised there are still rooms available, it was just about the only thing I could find about 14 months ago.  I was just looking for events and viewing areas in the Winchester area, found a few on-line resources and this.  Hoping for clear skies, perhaps we'll cross paths.

• CreatorsHand likes this

#3 CreatorsHand

CreatorsHand

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Marquette, Michigan

Posted 09 February 2024 - 09:41 PM

That's where I am staying.  Surprised there are still rooms available, it was just about the only thing I could find about 14 months ago.  I was just looking for events and viewing areas in the Winchester area, found a few on-line resources and this.  Hoping for clear skies, perhaps we'll cross paths.

Good to know. If you find someone at the Winchester Speedway using an AP900HDA with an A-P Traveler and a Canon 500mm f/4 lens on it, that will most likely be me. Hoping for clear skies as well. I would guess that the rooms didn't last long. You were ahead of me; I made my reservations in May.

Paul

Reply to this topic

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics