•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Kerrville preparation and logistics

2 replies to this topic

#1 jpo

jpo

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 February 2024 - 12:00 PM

We have reservations in Kerrville for the eclipse and will be arriving around noon on Saturday.  Any news, thoughts, comments on expected traffic, grocery store preparation, places to view the eclipse or places to avoid, etc. are appreciated.  Having never been to Kerrville, just want to get a sense before arriving.

Thank you -

#2 Bigred77

Bigred77

Sputnik

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 03 February 2024 - 09:50 PM

I would hit HEB up as soon as you get checked in to your room/airbnb (or wherever you're staying)
Then scout around town.
Its not a very big town, and your best bet might be your parking lot of wherever you are staying.
I wouldn't expect town to be much busier than a normal weekend until maybe Sunday afternoon.
Monday is gunna be a mad house in Kerrville.

I do recommend hitting up Taco Casa while you are in town, it's fast food classic style tacos, but it's a staple for us every time we go to Kerrville

#3 jpo

jpo

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 February 2024 - 12:13 AM

Bigred77 - thank you for your kind response and suggestions.  Will do!

Reply to this topic

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics