•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

total solar eclipse imaging

Astrophotography
No replies to this topic

#1 Tonybouc

Tonybouc

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Colchester Vermont

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:00 PM

I am in Colchester , Vermont right near the center of the path of totality of the 2024 solar eclipse .

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of video I will end up with using a Nikon S8200 piggybacked on my Edge HD 11" and CGEM DX mount . I am going to video the (totality only) with this setup and use a Sony A300 to image thru an Orion shortube every 5 minutes or so for the entire eclipse . Just curious as to field of view , ISO etc...and if I will be able to get Pons-Brook comet as well depending on it's brightness of course . I also have a Celestron Powerstar 8"  for viewing only at f6.3 because of small field of view. I want to get the corona so using the ST 80mm refractor instead . The A300 will take up to 30 second exposure or I could use the bulb function and hold the shutter open longer with reflex cable . Any thoughts would be appreciated . Thanks

Tony B

Reply to this topic

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics