•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PHD2 amd Skywatcher mounts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spyderbench

spyderbench

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Charleston / Walterboro SC

Posted 23 February 2024 - 11:29 PM

Hey Cloudy Knights,

I'm asking if anyone uses their skywatcher mount  with PHD2 and their skywatcher hand control..

I have an EQ6-R Pro without the USB (an"old "one from way back in 2018).... I'm getting "mount does not support the required pulse guide interface".

Surely (no not Shirley) I'm not the only one who has this problem. I don't want or need the EQ Mod   program to weed through ,when I could untill recently

connect my Skywatcher mount easily to PHD2 .

This problem is very frustrating and I'm wasting valuable imaging time with EQ MOD   .If anyone  knows a way around this so I'm

not spending 2 hours  in software  (ascom drop downs , eqmod tick boxes   etc) I'd be forever gratefull.

Thanks !!

• Tribe_Of_Dan likes this

#2 DanMiller

DanMiller

Skylab

• -----
  • Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 24 February 2024 - 11:28 AM

Are you connecting from the hand controller to the computer with a USB to RJ9 Cable?  I actually didn't think anyone here had a mount that is old as mine.  Celestron Advanced GT which I am pretty sure is at least 18 years old if not older. And I am not haviing any issues.  Well other than my mount is REALLY cranky.

Dan

#3 spyderbench

spyderbench

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 24 February 2024 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Dan,

I'm trying to connect to PHD2  with my Synscan  hand controller (RJ9) to my laptop (USB). 

Honestly , I think Skywatcher software guys have put in a block to make you use EQMOD  with a Skywatcher mount.

I have to use EQMOD  OR  my hand controller. When I try to connect to PHD2 my laptop says "mount does not support the required pulse guide interface" My hand controller is now useless (except for visual I guess).

It can't be used now wIth PHD2. Just a few months ago I was imaging with APT while connected to PHD2   without  the many EQMOD and Ascom interfaces, drop downs  etc.What I would like is to image and switch over to PHD2 and my guiding graph which is what I used to do.

I have emailed Alex  at  Skywatcher  several times but all I get is EQMOD , EQMOD, EQMOD.

#4 Forward Scatter

Forward Scatter

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Wandering the PNW

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:21 AM

I have emailed Alex  at  Skywatcher  several times but all I get is EQMOD , EQMOD, EQMOD.

Suggest trying GreenSwampServer instead of EQMOD. I had a lot of connectivity issues on my SW mount with EQMOD so I installed GSS.  It has a much more intuitive GUI and works every single time with the default settings.

#5 spyderbench

spyderbench

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:59 AM

Will  do, thanks !!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics