•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IC443 Jellyfish Nebula in SHO

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joshman

joshman

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Coffs Harbour, NSW

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:27 PM

A little late to the party, but better late, than never.

This one is another that has been on my list for quite a while, and while this summer has been horrendous for astrophotography on the East coast of Australia, I've managed to collect just enough data to make an image or two. On stacking and inspecting this data for this object I'm a little miffed at how...unclean it looks? I've got around 8 hours of data at f/5 in this image, but I desperately want to add 2-3 times as much data to clean up that SNR.

However, it is quite refreshing to come across an object that is strongest in the Sulphur-2 channel, leading to a very psychedelic SHO combination.

Enjoy and Clear Skies!

Click through the image to see it big on Astrobin and get the full run down on acquisition hardware and integration details.

get.jpg?insecure

• D_talley, Dustyhills, leesmojver and 12 others like this

#2 dna.oneill

dna.oneill

Vostok 1

• Loc: Warwick, NY

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:44 PM

Very nice capture! I recently started a Mosaic of this region in Gemini. Still collecting data. Here is a YouTube video touring the Mosaic. https://youtu.be/EBk...1YP1eVU9MhKa0yS

IC443 fourth flip

will checkout your Astrobin!

• joshman likes this

#3 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Cosmos

• Loc: DC Metro Area, USA

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:45 PM

Bewdy mate!

I clicked and zoomed…it's like purple lightning electrifying a wispy brain. IT'S ALIVE!

dalek12.gif

BQ

• joshman likes this

#4 DirtyRod

DirtyRod

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:53 PM

Great Capture. Nice work on those two stars too!

• joshman likes this

#5 joshman

joshman

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Coffs Harbour, NSW

Posted 27 February 2024 - 01:22 AM

Very nice capture! I recently started a Mosaic of this region in Gemini. Still collecting data. Here is a YouTube video touring the Mosaic. https://youtu.be/EBk...1YP1eVU9MhKa0yS

will checkout your Astrobin!

Thanks! This is a target that i think going real deep with the integration could be very rewarding. Even my relatively short integration was beginning to show some good background details.

Bewdy mate!

I clicked and zoomed…it's like purple lightning electrifying a wispy brain. IT'S ALIVE!

dalek12.gif

BQ

Hehehe, yeah. i really wish i had the available sky time to really go deep in the O3 channel. I'm seeing some hints of very faint O3 background texture. but then i might be seeing things.

Great Capture. Nice work on those two stars too!

Thanks! Those 2 Stars were actually quite easy to work with. StarXterminator didn't really like them though, so i had to engage in a bit of tomfoolery.

Edited by joshman, 27 February 2024 - 01:32 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics