•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Astronomy/Astrophotography Podcast!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RooTheSaiyan

RooTheSaiyan

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC USA

Posted 05 March 2024 - 01:49 PM

Hey everyone! It occurred to me today that I had not made a post about my new Astronomy/Astrophotography podcast on my FAVORITE astronomy site, and that seems kind of crazy! Anyway, I suppose it's not ENITRELY new anymore, as we're up to 8 weekly episodes now! We have already covered a wide range of topics, and I'd like to think you can hear the quality and production of the show grow quite a bit over the first few episodes, and that I've gotten in to somewhat of a rhythm now with it. We are available on all of the major podcast platforms, and I've already done my first interview! That was Episode 7, where I interviewed the Director for the Gayle H Riggsbee Observatory, which is the homebase of the Charlotte (North Carolina) Amateur Astronomers Club. Its a really interesting conversation if you've ever wondered what it's like to be an observatory director!

Anyway, I would REALLY appreciate it if you guys would give my show a listen and give me any feedback you have! I will let you know in advance that the "Breaks" you here in the early episodes have since been removed. That was feedback I got early on and removed. The idea was putting in break spots for when eventual advertisers came, but I decided that's a bridge I'll cross when I get there, and there's no point in hindering the listening experience until then!

The name of the show is, "The Astrocast", and here's a link:

https://open.spotify...ff70573006749fe

If you don't have Spotify, we're on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and all the others. Just look for the purple "the" and blue "Astrocast" and the purple/blue telescope below, that's us! I'd attach the logo here, but I think it's against the rules. Maybe in the comments, we'll see..

Thank you guys so much for your consideration! If you like it, please leave a review! If you LOVE IT, come back here and let me know, or maybe even share it with a friend! Thanks so much, clear skies!

-Roo

• Elusivephotons and Necati Demiral like this

#2 phottomatt

phottomatt

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 01 April 2024 - 03:58 PM

Just followed you on Spotify, I'll check it in a day or so.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics