•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Spectrum Of T Tauri-HD284419

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brownrb1

brownrb1

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 10 March 2024 - 03:13 PM

T_Tauri_2024-03-09 231400JPEG.jpg

Hello

Last night I captured the spectrum of T Tauri, a faint 9.8 magnitude object for my 6" Celestron SCT. In the profile were emission lines- 6717 A[S ll], 6563 Ao H-alpha, 6364 Ao [O l], 6300 Ao [O l], 4963 Ao Fe ll, 4863 AH-beta, and 4340 Ao H-gamma. T Tau is a pre-main-sequence object that is in transition between being a star shrouded in dust to a main-sequence star. T Tau does not undergo nuclear fusion in its core but shines due to gravitational collapse. The forbidden lines of [O l] and [S ll] indicate extremely low gas densities in its accretion disk. I used a 6" Celestron SCT, an Alpy 600, and an Atik Infinity monochrome camera to capture the spectrum. I used PHD-2 to help capture the 7-600s images of the object, Demetra to do the data reduction, and a Miles A7V star for the instrument response. 

Thanks

Dick

Edited by brownrb1, 10 March 2024 - 11:10 PM.

• Ljubo, astropec, mborland and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics