•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SetnC will not rehearse through totality? It skips it? Please help

2 replies to this topic

#1 2001

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 April 2024 - 02:06 PM

Hello,

I am finishing up the last trials of my DSLR setup. I am using SetnC in rehearsal mode, everything is set to UTC, however as soon as I get to totality, it just skips it!!!

I cannot allow this to happen during totality in 2 days, does anyone know what is going on? How can I rehearse totality?

#2 starstruck85

starstruck85

Sputnik

• Loc: Maryland

Posted 06 April 2024 - 04:38 PM

Hey there. Maybe I can help just a little bit. I know that one of the rehearsal modes there is some fine print somewhere that it will only do a single loop of exposures for totality. Is it possible that this is what is occurring?

If that's not it, what happens if you just create a new exposure table with all the defaults and test with it. If that works, then at least you would know that some modification of your custom exposure table would be to blame.

Fingers crossed for you.

John

#3 praymond

praymond

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 12 April 2024 - 02:43 PM

I set the time correctly, but when I started it on eclipse day, I noticed that the program had the correct times for each contact, but it also said the partial phase started 42 minutes after first contact. So when I started eclipse photography near C1, it was still waiting for 42 more minutes for the partial eclipse to start. I couldn't figure out why that extra 42 minutes. I had to abandon my plan.

Edit: I went back over the exposure table, and indeed it was 42 minutes different from the noted contact times. I don't know why the times were off when the table was created. When I checked the software, it was always rehearsal mode, so it started right away regardless of the actual time. I never actually looked at the times recorded in the table, so that was dumb on my part. Something to keep in mind. I think the software is really good, and I plan on using it on future eclipses.

Edited by praymond, 12 April 2024 - 04:58 PM.

Reply to this topic

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics