•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The miracle of Totality

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JMSchwartz

JMSchwartz

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Simi Valley California 93065

Posted 09 April 2024 - 08:21 AM

Dear everyone I Would like to share this beautiful miracle of the clouds, parting. And totality being revealed as so many were disappointed due to the weather across the Central United States As well as most of the East Coast. I was originally going to go to Kerrville, Texas with some friends in a motor home. After Extensive research on the weather pattern. I opted out although I had other friends all across texas  hopeful that the clouds would part and give them a glimpse of totality. My good friend was in Dallas and miraculously clouds opened up which gave him the most beautiful view that he recorded with only his cell phone. I had several other friends share with  me their experience with the clouds revealing a complete washout with majior disappointment. So I created this piece using my friend's cell phone shot from Dallas to get this amazing  view of Totality  then  combining  the moment of the clouds  parting  painted in ProCreate to reveal the glorious moment of totality.

Statistic showed that 7 billion dollars was spent on travel to the eclipse. Many were very disappointed because of the clouds. So for all of you I would like to share this glorious view of totality.

Clear skies always and keep looking up. 

Sincerely Jon 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20240409_061155.jpg

Edited by JMSchwartz, 09 April 2024 - 08:46 AM.

• Special Ed, zjc26138, SgrB2 and 19 others like this

#2 bphaneuf

bphaneuf

Surveyor 1

• Loc: GHRO: Lat: 34.696; Lon: -80.537

Posted 09 April 2024 - 10:00 AM

Gorgeous Jon, and very kind of you to share this marvelous view with all of us.  Your thoughtfulness is no surprise.  Thank you. 

-b

#3 azure1961p

azure1961p

Hubble

• -----

Posted 09 April 2024 - 12:03 PM

I don't believe there's enough coronal light to light up clouds.

• Moon-Watcher likes this

#4 Herodotus

Herodotus

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fruita, CO B 3/4

Posted 10 April 2024 - 09:06 AM

Very nice

#5 niteskystargazer

niteskystargazer

Voyager 1

• In Memoriam
  • Loc: 41-43'-28" N 87-42'-39" W

Posted 11 April 2024 - 11:00 AM

Jon,

Good sketch of The miracle of Totality smile.gif .

CDS,KLU,

thanx.gif ,

Tom

#6 JMSchwartz

JMSchwartz

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Simi Valley California 93065

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:46 PM

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments & all of the likes, although this was not created the purist way nevertheless  it was created  to share with so many others who were less fortunate including myself ,I'm so lucky to have many friends  who shared their amazing cellphone snapshots with me. 

As for your opinion Azure 1961p, I guess seeing is believing if you know what I mean.

Kind Regards Jon 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics