•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Snap port on SWSA GTi

Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yagami_Light

yagami_Light

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:20 PM

I recently bought a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer GTi.I am planning to do some astrophotography with my Sony A7C on it. 
In that regard I had been trying to find the right snap cable to connect the mount to my camera, so that I can program the shooting sequence inside the SynScan Pro app. After nights of scrolling the internet, I could not find that cable anywhere ( I was hoping to find a 2.5 mm to type C sort of cable)

But now I realised, it is Sony A7C which is at fault, it does not have a "Multi port" which is used to send trigger signals and which is present in most other Sony camera of A7 series. This is the comprehensive discussion where people are frustrated about it, in a different context though.  The conclusion that comes us is: type c ports cannot take trigger signals. Hence Sony A7C cannot take wired triggered signals.

But then someone made an interesting point that it is possible to trigger Sony a7c via Imaging edge when it is connected to the computer ( That's true, I have done that too). So it must be possible (?). But then someone says it is only possible to send such signal via a computer but not a simple wired remote trigger.

So my question is (if at all someone can help): Is it worth trying to find that cable? My plan was to get a 2.5mm to micro us cable (which is available) and then use a micro usb to type c adaptor (very common), and hope (negligible hope) that it might work. Has anybody made attempts to make  that work? Because going forward a lot of cameras will not have the multiport as they all have intervalometers inbuilt.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics