•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Which accessories to get to image planets with GT71 and Uranus C camera

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hydrox

hydrox

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: WA, US

Posted 21 April 2024 - 02:02 AM

I got the GT71 and ASI 2600MC last month and already had a lot of fun with the setup doing EAA. I want to get the Uranus C to do EAA on the road (lighter weight and no extra power needed for cooling) and planetary imaging. However, I can't get my head around the accessories needed for planetary imaging with this refractor, and have some questions:

1. Currently the GT71 requires the flattener/reducer (0.8x) 6AIII in order to provide some threading to connect the camera. I understand I need 3x barlow to get the right f ratio for planetary imaging, so do I still need flattener? If yes, perhaps I will need a 1x reducer instead of 0.8x? e.g. the WO 73A

2. Do you have any barlow recommendation for this scope?

Thanks ahead

#2 Tapio

Tapio

Voyager 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 21 April 2024 - 02:41 AM

Neither your scope or scope are very well suited for planetary imaging.

Scope is small short focal length and camera is big with low fps numbers (at 640x480 it only delivers 28.06fps).

Good to read the FAQ here:

https://www.cloudyni...d-january-2023/

But if you go with the gear you have then no flattener or reducer.

And your optimal  f number would be about f/19 (5x your camera pixel size) so because your scope is f/6 you would need a 3x barlow.

• RedLionNJ likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics