•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone else try the eclipse on film?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alay

Alay

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Connecticut

Posted 23 April 2024 - 12:30 PM

Wondering if anyone else broke out a film camera during the american eclipse at the start of the month.  I got together with my father and wife up in Vermont for totality, and was mainly focused on enjoying the event and getting DSLR images.

I set up my Mamiya C33 250mm with a custom 3d printed lens cap that had solar filter material on it.  Not many of the images came out, but it was all guess work around exposure time and really an afterthough.  I did get a little of the partial early phase in one shot on ILFORD 400 ISO.

Partial Eclipse

Anyone take anything of the partial or total phases?

• Maximumron and Hotrob like this

#2 Hotrob

Hotrob

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:58 AM

I just started shooting film, specifically to try and get pictures of the eclipse on film. Unfortunately, I messed up the focus, but I still think I got a couple cool shots :). Len's flare one almost blinded me because I took the filter off a second too early trying to get the diamond ring. Lens flare one was 1/60 second exposure, other one here was (I believe) 1/2 second exposure. Lens was a Tamron 500mm f8 mirror, camera was Pentax SP500, film was ektar 100. I

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20240426_115050.jpg
  • IMG_20240426_115646.jpg

• Jaimo!, Todd N, jwestervelt and 3 others like this

#3 Michal1

Michal1

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 27 April 2024 - 04:48 PM

waytogo.gif

Thanks for sharing!

• Hotrob likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics