•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M16 The Eagle Nebula

Astrophotography Imaging Mount Orion Reflector
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeiss

Mikeiss

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson

Posted 15 May 2024 - 01:45 PM

I took this with my Orion F4 Astrograph on the 1st of the month. I still had tracking issues and as such, the stars don't look that great. The nebula looks good however, and I think the collimation is pretty close. Still frustrating that I can't get the mount to track properly. I'm guessing the 24 pounds or so is getting into the discomfort zone for my mount. My guess is I really need to dial in the balance, or perhaps get an OAG to reduce the weight a bit. Anyhow the image consists of 278x45s subs taken with my ASI174MC-Cool and my Tri-band filter, stacked in DSS and processed with Graxpert, Siril and Photoshop CS4. Thanks for looking and clear skies smile.gif

-Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• m16 278x45s 5-1-24_Siril_PS.jpg

• Joe F Gafford, mikewayne3, david.shadrach and 4 others like this

#2 Quadstronomer

Quadstronomer

Mariner 2

• Loc: East TN

Posted 15 May 2024 - 02:25 PM

What were your sub's HFRs looking like? Looks like 5-7ish to me, maybe focus was giving you trouble too?

#3 rj144

rj144

Aurora

• -----

Posted 15 May 2024 - 11:43 PM

Why did you stack in DSS if you then used Siril?

#4 Mikeiss

Mikeiss

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson

Posted 27 May 2024 - 06:28 PM

I use DSS because I'm familiar with it and I think it does a pretty good job.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Imaging, Mount, Orion, Reflector

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics