•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M17 The Swan Nebula w/Vixen ED81S

Astrophotography Imaging Refractor Mount
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mikeiss

Mikeiss

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson

Posted 15 May 2024 - 01:55 PM

I managed to capture this a couple weeks ago after I had gotten frustrated trying to use my 8" Astrograph. I just couldn't get the tracking dialed in. So I decided to take out my reliable Vixen ED81S, which is much lighter and easier on my mount, and me. I know I give up resolution and some speed with the slower F ratio, but it's willing trade off as my EQ6 can handle the ED81 with no problems. Anyhow to the image, I meant to use my 2" Tri-band filter, but I didn't realize that I left it in the coma corrector on the newt. So this was with no filter, oops. I still think it turned out pretty well. The image consists of 213x60s subs taken on 5-6-24, stacked in DSS, and processed with Graxpert, Siril and Photoshop CS4. Thanks for looking as always and clear skies smile.gif 

-MIke

Attached Thumbnails

• M17 213x60s 5-6-24_GraXpert_Siril_PS 75.jpg

• mikewayne3 and david.shadrach like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Imaging, Refractor, Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics