•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Filters - FS-60cb (visual) - 32/40mm Plossl?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iKMN

iKMN

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Florida

Posted 18 May 2024 - 11:00 PM

I just ordered some Astronomik 1.25 filters UHC, OIII, and Hb.  I’ve had these in 2” but my FS-60 and soon to be here FC-76 dcu are 1.25 visual  backs and I roll 1.25 with these scopes.  I’m not expecting miracles:with these  small refractors but I have access to dark skies Bortle 2 short drive and my place is a 3.  I was hoping maybe to see the California Nebula and NA nebula.  

My Pan 24 gives me a rough 4mm exit pupil.  Not sure if this will be big enough for filters use?  A 32 Plossl is a 5.4 exit pupil and a 40mm Plossl is 6.7.   So go with a 40 or 32 plossl or both or am I just wasting more money. I’ll most likely try these in my Pan 24 first and make a decision after but was wondering what CN thinks?

thanks in advance for any advice or tips

K

#2 BKSo

BKSo

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 18 May 2024 - 11:49 PM

In that case the lowest power should have exit pupil equal to the size of your own pupils.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics