•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Classifieds - Buyer/Seller Ratings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 impreza276

impreza276

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Maryland

Posted 20 May 2024 - 02:33 PM

Apologies if this has been discussed before. Would it be helpful to have a banner in the classifieds section encouraging members to leave at least positive ratings for good transactions? I've not had any issues buying and selling, however seeing positive ratings of a potential buyer/seller are a useful reassurance. It would be a great help if more people left ratings for their transactions.

• ShaulaB and Older Padawan like this

#2 emflocater

emflocater

Vanguard

• Loc: Clarkson, N.Y.

Posted 20 May 2024 - 03:02 PM

Apologies if this has been discussed before. Would it be helpful to have a banner in the classifieds section encouraging members to leave at least positive ratings for good transactions? I've not had any issues buying and selling, however seeing positive ratings of a potential buyer/seller are a useful reassurance. It would be a great help if more people left ratings for their transactions.

It drives me crazy that I always leave Feedback for every transaction I ever had here on CN (so far all 5 Stars) to whoever I Purchase or Sell to...however there have been quite a few times that I have not received Feedback returned! Come on Folks...only takes a couple minutes of time. If someone can take the time to leave 5 Star Feedback to you, then take the time to return Feedback. Feedback helps potential Buyers to those that Sell and for Sellers to gain confidence when selling to Buyers.

Cheers

Don 

• 3 i Guy, ShaulaB, Older Padawan and 3 others like this

#3 Migwan

Migwan

Skylab

• Loc: Meeechigan

Posted 20 May 2024 - 03:11 PM

I always leave a positive review for a positive experience.   I don't leave a review for a negative experience.  Just couldn't do it.  Good news, there's only been one.

• emflocater and impreza276 like this

#4 DSOGabe

DSOGabe

Surveyor 1

• Loc: El Paso, TX

Posted 20 May 2024 - 03:48 PM

Ask!

I will outright ask buyers to please leave a review. Gotta keep my cred up! Realistically, one shouldn't have to but it is necessary to be successful in transactions.

• Jon Isaacs, emflocater and kfiscus like this

#5 Acenspades

Acenspades

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Los Angeles,CA, Bortle 4238

Posted 20 May 2024 - 05:35 PM

I always leave a positive review for a positive experience.   I don't leave a review for a negative experience.  Just couldn't do it.  Good news, there's only been one.

I'm the opposite.

If i have a good experience, i'll call it a day and not leave a review.

But a bad experience, you'll be hearing it from me. But like in most of my posts I'll be objective, point out the good and bad, places for improvement, etc.

#6 impreza276

impreza276

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 20 May 2024 - 06:11 PM

I'm the opposite.
If i have a good experience, i'll call it a day and not leave a review.
But a bad experience, you'll be hearing it from me. But like in most of my posts I'll be objective, point out the good and bad, places for improvement, etc.

Absolutely your prerogative but it doesn't help your buyer/seller at all, in a classified space where there are few other mechanisms to vet them.
  • Doug Culbertson, emflocater, Freezout and 1 other like this

#7 cahanc

cahanc

Mariner 2

• Loc: Berkeley, CA

Posted 21 May 2024 - 08:21 PM

It drives me crazy that I always leave Feedback for every transaction I ever had here on CN (so far all 5 Stars) to whoever I Purchase or Sell to...however there have been quite a few times that I have not received Feedback returned! Come on Folks...only takes a couple minutes of time. If someone can take the time to leave 5 Star Feedback to you, then take the time to return Feedback. Feedback helps potential Buyers to those that Sell and for Sellers to gain confidence when selling to Buyers.

Cheers

Don 

I always ask the person who I am dealing with to leave a review if they are happy, I tell them I am doing the same and I would appreciate it greatly. That seems to work most of the time.

• Jon Isaacs, turtle86, emflocater and 1 other like this

#8 impreza276

impreza276

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 22 May 2024 - 01:49 PM

Great idea to ask for a rating. What would be even better is a banner in the classifieds, encouraging members to leave feedback, so that one doesn't need to ask in the first place. It should be a common courtesy.

For my first few transactions I was not even aware there was a rating page in the member profile.

#9 MJB87

MJB87

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Talbot County, MD & Washington, DC

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:44 PM

If you want to make a formal suggestion to the site administrators, the place to do that is the Feedback forum.

• impreza276 likes this

#10 RichA

RichA

Voyager 1

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 24 May 2024 - 09:53 AM

Cheers

Don 

Nothing stopping anyone from asking for the buyer/seller to do it.  It's done on Ebay all the time.

#11 emflocater

emflocater

Vanguard

• Loc: Clarkson, N.Y.

Posted 24 May 2024 - 12:24 PM

Nothing stopping anyone from asking for the buyer/seller to do it.  It's done on Ebay all the time.

I have asked quite a few times less than 50% do, the rest simply ignore my message.

Cheers

Don

#12 turtle86

turtle86

Mr. Coffee

• Loc: Margaritaville

Posted 24 May 2024 - 12:52 PM

I always ask the person who I am dealing with to leave a review if they are happy, I tell them I am doing the same and I would appreciate it greatly. That seems to work most of the time.

That is exactly what I do, and it does work well most of the time.  I'm always very appreciative of sellers who package their items with great care.

• MarkMittlesteadt likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics