•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Hyperion/orion Stratus 3.5mm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pianosi

Pianosi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 May 2024 - 07:29 AM

Hello, I stupidly took apart by Hyperion Orion Stratus 3.5 mm eyepiece to to clean the inside lenses. I'm having trouble reassembling. Does anyone have anything to offer me as far as assistance please.

#2 Ernest_SPB

Ernest_SPB

Vanguard

• Loc: St.-Petersburg, Russia

Posted 22 May 2024 - 07:36 AM

Attached Thumbnails

• hyperions.PNG

• Astrojensen, Corcaroli78 and eyespy like this

#3 Pianosi

Pianosi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 May 2024 - 07:59 AM

Wow, thank you for the quick reply. After reassembling it I would say about seven times I think I have what you are showing for the 8 mm. I think I learned my lesson. Again thank you very much

#4 quilty

quilty

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 22 May 2024 - 10:54 AM

cool drawings. The 3.5 isn't available any longer. The 3.5 - 8 mm all seem to be the same except the Smyth group.

Did you succeed? Whenever I took apart a group into elements the lens was desperately messed up.

#5 Pianosi

Pianosi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 May 2024 - 10:58 AM

Yes I did succeed. It was many different attempts and fingerprints everywhere. So I have to take it apart one last time to clean everything. Thanks for the help guys

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics