•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ToupTeck imx571 setting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 takahashi-italia

takahashi-italia

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 May 2024 - 08:56 AM

Greetings,
I just purchased the Tuopteck Imx571, connected with Ascom drivers, it asks me for a series of settings, can you help me? The image is for aesthetic purposes only.

Best regards 

David

#2 hyiger

hyiger

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: East Bay, CA

Posted 24 May 2024 - 10:07 AM

Greetings,
I just purchased the Tuopteck Imx571, connected with Ascom drivers, it asks me for a series of settings, can you help me? The image is for aesthetic purposes only.

Best regards 

David

Not sure what you mean by "aesthetic purposes only." I assume you are using this for astrophotography or no? What settings is it asking you for? Maybe post a screenshot?

#3 Arie

Arie

Viking 1

• Loc: Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2024 - 10:57 AM

Just use the default settings and you”ll be fine.

I am doing nothing else for 10 years and am quite happy with the resullts.

#4 takahashi-italia

takahashi-italia

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 May 2024 - 09:56 PM

here's a photo

Attached Thumbnails

• 28da4f65-3526-4528-a36d-cc15ef5f4327.jpeg

#5 hyiger

hyiger

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: East Bay, CA

Posted 25 May 2024 - 01:19 PM

here's a photo

I'm assuming the last 4 slider are: 

Frame Rate

Gain

Black Level

Dew Heater (?)

For the gain, I would look at the documentation, find out what the unity gain number is and set it for that. On other IMX517 cameras like ZWO, this will be 100 but not sure for this camera. 

#6 badgie

badgie

Viking 1

• Loc: SF Area, California

Posted 25 May 2024 - 02:24 PM

I would recommend HGC, high full well, Gain 100.  Set your offset so you don't have any pixels reading zero value (note, don' worry about one or two pixels at zero if you have to crank up the offset) 

I wouldn't recommend using unity gain, it is a meaningless as a setting.*

(The choice can be derived from how much quantization noise you are willing to accept.  However when you have noise > 1 adu, as is pretty much always the case in modern cameras, then quantization noise is vastly swamped by read-noise anyway.  In this case, as it is for your camera, choosing unity gain is almost always always non-optimal for other reasons.  For general dynamic range you want to shoot at the setting that maximized FWC/RN^2, this will get you the best DR  in your stack with no sacrifice to your noise)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics