•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

'Wedging in' is as bad as it sounds ...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gstrumol

gstrumol

Aurora

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: north of Detroit, Michigan USA

Posted 13 June 2024 - 01:46 PM

Interesting weather for today here in SE Michigan. It was raining this morning. Then there was a period of sunshine, albeit with a 16 mph wind, and later this afternoon strong thunderstorms will develop, with a hail/tornado risk initially, then a windy squall line will develop! Perfect time to go out imaging, I say!! foreheadslap.gif

The seeing was obviously poor - no make that really poor - so while the disk was, let's just say, quite off band (see right side), there were some nice proms around it, leading to this pic:

at1.jpg

and this was the best I could muster! Come back, below-average seeing ... I miss you. wink.gif

• Skywatchr, Ljubo, SeymoreStars and 8 others like this

#2 Skywatchr

Skywatchr

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North-Central Pa.

Posted 13 June 2024 - 04:24 PM

Those storms are heading my way and be in my area sometime around noon or thereafter.  Figures..  lol.gif

• gstrumol likes this

#3 Skywatchr

Skywatchr

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 13 June 2024 - 06:48 PM

looks like the storms are moving faster than predicted.  I may see some lightning, and hear some rumbles of thunder just after dark.  So much for getting a night time scope out. grin.gif

• SeymoreStars likes this

#4 gstrumol

gstrumol

Aurora

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: north of Detroit, Michigan USA

Posted 13 June 2024 - 07:02 PM

Yeah it has passed us with nothing but some wind. Far from the terrible forecast. shrug.gif

Not complaining, mind you ... wink.gif

• Skywatchr and hornjs like this

#5 hornjs

hornjs

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Billings, MT

Posted 13 June 2024 - 11:22 PM

Great effort, and super proms!  Glad no nados in your area!

• Skywatchr likes this

#6 Skywatchr

Skywatchr

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 14 June 2024 - 04:59 AM

Yeah it has passed us with nothing but some wind. Far from the terrible forecast. shrug.gif

Not complaining, mind you ... wink.gif

They fizzled out here too with nary a drop of rain.  But a quick 5 minute shower just passed by.  We'll see what today brings. Storms are forecast for later this afternoon.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics