•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Insta360 time lapse from South Llano River State Park, Texas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KD5NRH

KD5NRH

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Stephenville TX

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:53 PM

Bortle 3, so I figured it was worth running a battery down to see what the S3 could do at night.  Hoping to get back to Big Bend for some more Bortle 1 sometime this fall.

Started this a little after 3AM and let it run until I felt it was light enough to pack up and go get another nap.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9b9EAmUMmFI

• havasman, PirateMike and hamers like this

#2 hamers

hamers

Viking 1

• Loc: Madison, WI

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:57 PM

Nice job on this !  

#3 KD5NRH

KD5NRH

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Stephenville TX

Posted 19 June 2024 - 09:43 PM

Thanks.  It's hard not to get something good from a Dark Sky park when you get a mostly clear night.  Unfortunately, it was pretty warm and humid, so it could have been a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse too. 

The XT8 did its job well, set up in the parking lot just east of the amphitheater, and had me missing an equatorial mount with a clock drive; the combination of total manual tracking and the clunky stock dob base just takes some fun out of having a nice dark sky with the Milky Way clear, and wanting to just gawk at stuff for a few hours.  At least the Insta360 was totally set-and-forget.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics