•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pixinsight Mosaic Coordinates Fails, Null has no Properties. What does that mean?

Software Astrophotography Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeroe

Jeroe

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 July 2024 - 02:06 AM

So I made a 3 Panel mosaic of Rho Ophiuchi.

This is my first Mosaic image, so I'm quite new to that process but it shouln'd be as hard as it currently is for me.

I stacked the panels one by one in Deepskystacker, which works great.

After stacking I remove the gradient, run blurxterminator on each of them, safe them as XISF file.

Then I Platesolve them (used to have problems there too but the online catalogue works)

after platesolving I get new files with WCS at the end. I go to Mosaic by coordinate script and run it.

that's where it always fails. it always shows this error: 

Unbenannt (1).JPG

Null has no properties....what does that mean???

I'm working on this project for over a month now and can't get them to stitch.

and the error message is not really giving me any information about what went wrong.

I searched the web and everything but there is basically no information on this.

I'm really hitting a wall here. what am I doing wrong?

#2 Dynan

Dynan

Cosmos

• Loc: NOLA

Posted 11 July 2024 - 06:56 AM

Did you solve each panel?

In PI : Script > ImageAnalysis > ImageSlover

#3 Jeroe

Jeroe

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 July 2024 - 07:46 AM

Yes I ran each image through the imagesolver. 

• Dynan likes this

#4 ngc2218

ngc2218

Messenger

• -----

Posted 12 July 2024 - 10:15 AM

This is my first Mosaic image, so I'm quite new to that process but it shouln'd be as hard as it currently is for me.

After stacking I remove the gradient, run blurxterminator on each of them, safe them as XISF file.

Then I Platesolve them (used to have problems there too but the online catalogue works)

after platesolving I get new files with WCS at the end. I go to Mosaic by coordinate script and run it.

attachicon.gif Unbenannt (1).JPG

and the error message is not really giving me any information about what went wrong.

I searched the web and everything but there is basically no information on this.

Probably something to do with the image (view) identifier as described in the error. Make sure each view (image) has a name

• Dynan likes this

#5 pfile

pfile

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 12 July 2024 - 12:20 PM

there could be a bug in the ImageSolver batch mode. try opening each image to the PI workspace and running ImageSolver on the views, then save the views to disk, then try MBC on those saved files.

#6 chvvkumar

chvvkumar

Viking 1

• Loc: Missouri

Posted 12 July 2024 - 12:25 PM

attachicon.gif Unbenannt (1).JPG

From the first line, it seems like the window name did not match what MosaicByCoordinates is expecting. Double check that.

2024-07-12_12-26-45.jpg

Edited by chvvkumar, 12 July 2024 - 12:27 PM.

• Dynan likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Software, Astrophotography, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics