•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron 9.25" OTA dimensions question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Digital Don

Digital Don

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:20 PM

Could someone please give me the dimensions of the C-9.25 tube assembly? :question:

I need to know the diameter at the widest point, and the total length including the focus knob and handle (but without a visual back). I'm looking into storage containers for the tube, but don't actually have it yet so I can't measure it.

Thanks in advance!

Don :usa:

#2 David Knisely

David Knisely

Hubble

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Could someone please give me the dimensions of the C-9.25 tube assembly? :question:

I need to know the diameter at the widest point, and the total length including the focus knob and handle (but without a visual back). I'm looking into storage containers for the tube, but don't actually have it yet so I can't measure it.

Thanks in advance!

With the dust cover on, the Celestron 9.25" SCT is about 22 inches long (without visual back and excluding the handle) and 11 inches wide at its widest (the back end). The metal back handle sticks out about another inch or so farther behind the back end of the OTA (ie: the back of the optical light port where the visual back is screwed onto). This is also without the mounting rails for the fork mount and without any dove-tail for the equatorial mount. Clear skies to you.

#3 Digital Don

Digital Don

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:04 PM

Thank you very much David!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics